Supercharge cross-functional work with this set of default automations, propagating information across various entities at DevRev–including conversations, tickets, product enhancements, and development issues.
DevRev's shared system of record opens up doors for the machine to take over and intelligently ensure that heartbeats from various functions of your DevRev workspace travel across each other.
DevRev's system of record converges multiple functions in an organization–touching everything from customer conversations to support tickets to planned product enhancements and then developer issues. Because the system of record is shared, it paves the way for the machine to take on menial, repetitive work, especially around bringing together (or converging) these cross-functional entities (and thus the teams that work on them).
Convergence with DevRev is a set of default automations that powers cross-functional information snap-in in your DevRev workspace, such that updates from product teams' issues and enhancements make their way to tickets in the customer-facing functions and vice versa with little human intervention. Let machines be the messenger of updates so they arrive before the next "Any progress on this?".
This automation is powerful and has a series of individual, configurable behaviors.
The power is in the defaults! With this pre-enabled snap-in come DevRev's proven defaults. You always have the option to adjust further.
Automatic customer updates from tickets
Propagate updates from tickets to related customer conversations so your customer is never in the dark.
- When a ticket is linked to a conversation, autonomously update the conversation and provide a follow-up reference to the customer.
- When a ticket is updated with relevant information, post a notification to the conversation.
- When a ticket is closed, post an autonomous update to any related PLuG conversations.
Automatic updates between tickets to issues
Leveraging the association between customer tickets and your product team's issues, this automation focuses on keeping issues aware of changes to tickets and vice-versa so the dev team is kept in the loop.
- When the severity of a ticket changes, autonomously update the issue priority and stage accordingly.
- When progress is made on an issue, update the status on dependent tickets.
- When underlying issues are resolved, advance tickets to the next stage.
Autonomous issue management
Parent issues, child issues, dependent issues, and blocked issues are every dev's nightmare. With this set of autonomous convergence behaviors, issues, and their hierarchy become manageable.
- Watch children issues and automatically update a parent issue when a dev starts working on it.
- As children issues make progress, send state updates to parent issues along with information on progress towards completion.
- When parent issues are closed, update child issues automatically.
Automatic updates between Issues and Enhancements
Synergizing Parts and work has been made easier by ensuring through automated reminders and suggested actions that your product enhancements and the work items or issues linked to them are always in sync.
- Remind the owners by automatically posting a comment to create and link issues to an enhancement that is ‘In Progress’ state without any linked issue.
- Remind the owners by automatically posting a comment to create and link issues to an enhancement that has been in the ‘Prioritised’ stage for a while.
- Remind the owners through an automatically suggested action to move an open enhancement to ‘In Progress’ when any issue linked to it is moved to the ‘In Progress’.
- Remind the owners by automatically posting a comment to move listed issues out of the triage stage for an enhancement.
Automatic update between Tickets and Enhancement
When your customer tickets are linked to an ongoing product enhancement, it is best to provide absolute clarity to the support team on what's happening on the product front through an automatic update system.
- Automatically subscribe ticket owners to the enhancement that is attached to the ticket so that they stay informed.
- Automatically post comments on tickets whenever the stage is updated in the attached enhancement.
Automatic resolution and archival of conversations
When your authenticated customers do not respond to a conversation within a specific period of time set as the resolution timeout, the conversation is automatically marked as resolved. Even though the conversation is resolved, the customer still has the option to reopen it if necessary. However, if the customer does not reply within another specified period of time set as the archival timeout, the conversation is automatically archived and cannot be reopened. The customer can always initiate a new conversation for any follow-up needs.
Please note that these configuration settings only apply to authenticated users. For conversations with guests or visitors, if the customer doesn't respond within 3 days while the conversation is in the Waiting on user stage, it is automatically resolved. After 7 days, it is archived automatically.
For detailed installation and configuration instructions, refer to the Convergence documentation.