Stage Breach Notifier
The stage breach notifier functionality notifies the owner and list of users when a stage of a work item is breached.
- Stage-specific time-based triggers: It enables you to set up stage-specific time thresholds for each work item or ticket stage. This customization allows you to tailor the automation to the specific needs and priorities of different stages in your workflow.
- Automated notification and communication: When a work item exceeds the defined time period for a particular stage, automation automatically generates and sends updates to the internal discussion of the work item. This feature ensures that relevant team members are promptly informed of delays or potential issues, facilitating better communication and collaboration.
How to use stage breach notifier
- Take the data from the table below and create a CSV file. Make the required changes, such as adding custom stages, adjusting turnaround times for specific subtypes if required and deleting rows where turnaround times do not apply to stages.
- For example, if you want to add a custom stage called
Ticketwork item, you can add a row with
Ticket,uat,2to the CSV file. Similarly, if you do not want to set a turnaround time for the
in_developmentstage, you can remove the row with
Ticket,in_development,2from the CSV file.
- If you want to set a different turnaround time for a specific subtype, you can add a row with
work_item,stage_name,turn_around_time,subtype_nameto the CSV file. For example, if you want to set a turnaround time of 3 days for the
work_in_progressstage for the
Ticketwork item with the
Supportsubtype, you can add a row with
Ticket,work_in_progress,3,Supportto the CSV file.
- In the snap-in Discussion tab, enter the
- Click the Upload button to select the CSV file you created in step 1. After the file is uploaded, the "File uploaded successfully" message is displayed.
- Reload the page to see the changes in the Configuration tab.
- In the Configuration tab, select which users should be notified and click on the Save button to save the configuration.
CSV file format